Same-Day Tooth Replacement in Walnut Creek, CA
Same-Day Tooth Replacement in Walnut Creek, CA
Receive a Dental Implant Immediately After Tooth Extraction
At Muir Oral, Facial, & Dental Implant Surgery, Dr. Karas makes it possible for more patients to qualify for implant-based tooth restoration. Dental implants are the healthiest, longest lasting type of tooth replacement and are worth considering after you lose a tooth. There are many types of dental implant treatments available, and Dr. Karas will create a treatment plan custom for your individual case.
Same-day dental implants are a wonderful option for patients who are having one or more teeth extracted. With this treatment, Dr. Karas inserts a dental implant post immediately following extraction at the same visit. If you have an upcoming extraction or need to have a tooth removed, contact us in Walnut Creek, CA, to see if you qualify for same-day dental implants.
Benefits of Immediate Dental Implants
The standard timeline of a traditional dental implant can last up to 12 months, most of which is spent on the implant healing process. You must wait for the tooth socket to heal following extraction, the bone graft to heal if one was placed, and for the implant post to fuse with the jaw bone, which can take 3–6 months of waiting. Immediate implants streamline this process by not requiring you to wait for each component to heal. Other benefits include:
- Only one dental implant procedure is necessary to place the implant post.
- Same-day implants have a high success rate, just like traditional implants.
- You can receive a same-day implant for a single tooth or multiple teeth.
- Enjoy all the health benefits of implants, such as preventing bone loss and dental shifting.
Tooth Replacement Options Following Extraction
For long-term benefits and healthy results, many dental professionals recommend dental implants. With advancements in the dental field, we can help you qualify for implants even if you have previously been told that you are not a candidate. You have many options to consider after having a tooth extracted, including:
- Single Tooth Replacement. One dental implant can restore a missing tooth, including its root and crown, anywhere throughout the mouth. You can receive a dental implant years after an extraction, as long as there is enough jaw bone. If there is not enough jaw bone, we can place a bone graft and later place the implant.
- Same-Day Dental Implants. Completed in one visit, Dr. Karas will extract the tooth and place the implant post. You will wear a temporary crown until your permanent crown is ready, just like traditional implant placement.
- Full-Arch Restoration. When many or all teeth need to be extracted, Dr. Karas can insert several dental implant posts to support a fixed denture. You will leave the office after one surgical visit with temporary teeth that look and feel like natural teeth. Once the implant posts heal and your final set of teeth is ready, a restorative dentist attaches it to the implants and you will have a fully functioning, healthy, complete smile.
- Implant-Supported Bridge. For multiple teeth missing beside each other, we can place a dental implant that has a bridge attached. This prevents the need to grind down the healthy adjacent teeth to fit a traditional bridge and provides the same benefits of dental implants.
- Dentures. Full or partial dentures restore your smile's appearance, but not its full functionality. These removable options must be taken out during meals and brushing, and many patients find them clunky and embarrassing. There is no stimulation to the jaw bone, leaving you susceptible to jaw bone atrophy.
- No Replacement. By not replacing missing teeth, you may develop speech or eating difficulties, and your other teeth may begin to shift out of alignment. With no root or implant post, the jaw bone beneath will deteriorate over time.
Same-Day Dental Implant Cost in Walnut Creek, CA
The cost of replacing missing teeth with same-day dental implants is slightly different for everyone. The final cost will depend on how many teeth you had extracted, how many implant posts were placed, if you require bone grafts, your choice of anesthesia, and your dental insurance.
Our staff discusses these items with you at the consultation, keeping you informed at every step. If you ever have questions or would like to find out how much it would cost to receive same-day dental implants, please contact our office in Walnut Creek, California, today.
Find Us in Walnut Creek, CA
Muir Oral, Facial, & Dental Implant Surgery is on the east side of Walnut Creek, just off of Ygnacio Valley Rd and La Casa Via. We invite you to schedule a consultation and learn about how dental implants can benefit your smile—and your life.
How Can We Help You?
Contact our office to schedule an appointment or use the buttons below to learn more about our practice.